Total Pageviews

ViMusic - An Elegant Ad-free Music Streaming APP!

    A couple weeks ago, I was in a great mood to listen to my favourite artist Martin Garrix's new album 'Sentio'; I was extremely pumped up. So I grabbed my pair of earphones, connected them to my phone, opened YouTube music, and shuffled songs from Garrix's Sentio album. After listening to only one song... Yes, ONE song... I got to hear 2 ANNOYING ADVERTISEMENTS 😐
So, I went on to search for the best ad-free music streaming platform for an android device.
Spotify - Too many ads again!
Wynk - No proper music recommendations.
SoundCloud - Most of the songs cannot be accessed in India.
Amazon Music - Need a subscription 
Eventually, I went exploring GitHub, where developers share their handcrafted applications, where I came across a particular app which added a massive smile on my face 😁

The app that solves all the abovementioned problems is called "ViMusic".




Android users, you are in luck...

ViMusic is an online music streaming app for Android smartphones. This app is based on YouTube music, or you can call it a substitute for YouTube music. So you will get fantastic music suggestions as it uses almost the same algorithm used in YouTube music.
You might say, "Hey, as this is a 3rd party application, the UI stinks, and there are chances that it may steal our data!"
The answer is NO. The UI (User Interface) is really clean and simple to use. When I first used it, I felt like I was using a stock Android application! And regarding your data and privacy, it's confirmed that your data is very safe. 


Here's the proof the app takes less than 10 MB of your phone's storage; it works in offline mode also, which I'll come to in a bit, so there are no chances of it being controlled by an external browser, and most importantly this app is so safe that it won't even let you log in to your account... Download the app and start streaming in HIGH QUALITY. That's it.

Features:

1) Good music recommendations: As mentioned earlier, the music recommendations are the same as that of YouTube music. The layout is also very intuitive, so the song in your mind is already at your fingertips.

User Interface

Similar music suggestions

2) Availability of songs: The app contains almost all the songs in YouTube Music. You can search for artists, save songs and playlists, add a particular track to your favourites, loop a track, etc.

Artist search results with their albums and top tracks

3) Accessibility features: You can start a radio from the selected song, take control of the equalizer settings, set a sleep timer, and many more.





4) Theme: The app allows you to choose from not 2 but 3 theme options. Light, dark, and dynamic theme. I personally like the dynamic theme as it applies the colour of the track thumbnail to the background!

The Dynamic Theme in action

5) Background Audio Playback: The music continues to play in the background, i.e. when you exit the app and lock the phone.

The song playing when the phone is locked

6) Settings: You can mess around with some settings such as appearance settings, player settings, database settings, etc

7) Offline playback: When you play a track, it automatically downloads, so when you are offline, you can listen to those songs without interruptions.

Here I came across a drawback... As mentioned, the songs get downloaded automatically, which in turn, increases the app size. 
Don't worry; I have a solution for this. 
As observed, the downloaded songs will be stored as "Cache Memory". In simple words, cache memory refers to the stored data which helps to fulfil future requests at a faster pace, as in this case, the downloaded song will be played instantly without buffering. 



So if you don't want downloaded songs on your phone, then follow these steps:
1] Open settings on your phone.
2] Select 'app management
3] Select 'ViMusic'.
4] Select 'Storage'.
5] Select the 'Clear cache" option
That's it; it will clear all the downloaded songs and free up space on your phone.

Click on this open to clear downloaded songs.

Okayyy... If you are impressed by this app... How to download it?

1] Click on this link
2] Click on 'app-release.apk'.
3] Open the downloaded file.
4] Click 'Install'.
That's it...

Enjoy listening...

I'm searching for a free alternative to YouTube premium. Will let you guys know about it in my future blog posts. Ciao 🤗

Comments

  1. It’s cool bro , but I’m using iPhone I guess this is not for me
    I just want my android back 😩

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information bro✌️✌️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good research bro, reach 1lakh views soon 🥳👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much
      Your support can lead to 1lkh views

      Delete
  4. Hi brother rithik here it's just excellent 👍 ....i will definitely forward to my family and friends group....great job ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much needed, thanks Vaibhav Mysore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job.
    I downloaded the app and it works very well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanku
    will forward it to my family & friends

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very helpful. amazing app. thanku

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing app
    Good writing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive writing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Broooo
    I thought you forgot your blogger password
    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing brooo
    needed this app

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! This really helped me a lot.
    Best app for music streaming

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing... Thank god I found an amazing app

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pls write about an alternative for YT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. This app is soo good, thanku vm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Samsung Galaxy S24 Series - Can "Galaxy AI" Define a New Era?

Here's Why You Got "The Mysterious Message" 🚨

OnePlus Banned in India!?